SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, June 3, 2016

[Unboxing + Review] Garnier Light Complete White Speed Series


Hello,

Lately, my skin condition is not in its best condition. Perhaps it is because of the lack of sleep (thank you skripsi), too much sun exposure, and lack of skin nutrient. The combination of these factors successfully makes my skin looks dull and not healthy. After that, comedos and acnes are attacking me. Ewwww… 

So, I thought I need something that can help me to (at least) lessen the effect of the malnourish skin.

Fortunately, Garnier gives a solution by bringing out new formula to enhance our skin condition. They just launch the new version of Garnier Light Complete White Speed series. They claim this line is the whitening agent special. So what are they? Are they good enough to get rid of your dull-looking-skin?


So, on April I got a package from the latest line from Garnier ‘Light Complete White Speed Super Essence’. The package itself consists of three products. The first product is the new Garnier Light Complete Multi-Action Brightening Scrub. The second product is the new Garnier Light Complete Super Essense. And the last is Garnier Light Complete Multi-Action Whitening Serum Cream. In addition, this line has a signature color and main ingredients. Its main ingredient is lemon—which helps brighten the dull-looking-skin. Thus, the color follows is yellow.





First Step — Facial Foam

Garnier Light Complete Multi-Action Brightening Scrub



Ingredients:

Aqua/Water Glycerin, Myrstic Acid, Palmtic Acid, Stearic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Lauric Acid, Glyceryl, Distearate Glyceryl Stearate, Polyethylene, Kaolin, Benzyl Salicylate, Citrus Medica Limonum Extract/Lemon Fruit Extract, Geranol, Limonene, Linalool, Methysothazou(something), PEG 14M, Tetrasodium Edta, Parfum/Fragrance (B452333/3)


Garnier gives clear instruction on how to use this series. The first thing to use is this facial scrub. This facial scrub has creamy consistency; it also has little beads/scrubs in it. Furthermore, it has mild refreshing lemon scent when applied. I decide it is a good thing hence I like how fresh the feeling I got when I wash my face. However, it might be considered as a shortcoming for those people who do not like scent at all.

This product will leave you with a fresh and non-greasy feeling. With the result given, I think an oily-type face would like it.

The claim is "1 tone fairer in 1 wash". Meanwhile I know it sounds impossible as magic, but after daily use for a month I feel like my face is getting brighter, and much more cleaner. Remember, it is not WHITER but BRIGHTER. Because white and bright is such a different thing. So, I kind of like the result.


Second Step — Serum

Garnier Light Complete Super Essense



Ingredients:
Aqua/water, glycerin, alcohol, dipropylene glycol, butylene glycol, PEG/PPG/Polybutylene Glycol-8/5/3 Glycerin, Niacinamide, Hydroxyethylpiperazine Ethane, Sulfonic Acid, BIS-PEG-18 Methylether Dimethyl, Silane, 3-0-Ethylascorbicacid, Isonyl, Isononanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyelatol, Phenylethyl Resorcinol, Adenosine Acetyl Trifluomethyphenyl Valyglycine, Salicylic Acid, Ammonium Polyacryldimethyl Taurate, Limonene, Xanthan Gum, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Benzyl Alcohol, Oxothazolidinecarboncylic Acid, Parfum/Fragrance, Geranol, Disodium Edta, Citric Acid, Citrus Limon Fruit Extract/ Lemon Fruit Extract (F.I.L.C175124/1).

As you can see on the ingredients, this serum is equipped with salicylic acid. For your information, salicylic acid is often used to treat many skin issues. As L’Oreal Paris dermatologist says it helps the skin because it is antibacterial (Oliver 2014[1]).  I tend to choose skin care product that have salicylic acid in it. It is because I have comedos around my nose and salicylic acid helps lessen the production of it. \>.</

This is the second step. So, after using the facial foam you can apply this serum on your face. I usually put the serum directly right after washing my face.

The serum claims:
Skin tone fairer, more transparent & even,
Skin texture is smoother, more refined, and


Dark spots is smaller, less visible 

From all of this product line, I really like this serum. Love it dearly because it (IT REALLY DO) reduces redness around my nose. As you can see on the photo below, the redness on the left picture is less than the previous one. This serum comes with a liquid and runny consistency. It is a normal thing for a serum since it means that this serum can be absorbed faster to the skin.

At the end, I give this serum double thumbs up.

PS: If you do not like putting this serum all over your face, you can just apply it on the needed area such as your pimples or acne’s spot.


Third Step — Day Cream
Garnier Light Complete Multi-Action Whitening Serum Cream


This cream’s consistency is quite thick. I think this consistency is perfect for those who have dry skin. Hence, it can hydrate. However, the result given is very surprising as this resulted in powdery and matte. I remember the result is similar with P***’s Translucent Pinkish White that I used to wear in my teenage days.

This is the last step of the skincare regime. It is used right after the serum. Similar with the serum, this also has salicylic acid—which is my favorite ingredients—that can help lessen the appearance of redness, acnes scar, and help fighting comedos.

I categorized this moisturizer as my go-to list when I don’t want to do anything with makeup. Use this as a base, apply some powder, then you are ready to go.

Plus, it has UVA and UVB. Which is good for battling sun rays ^^

idk why the color tone on this pic is different, gah T.T


Final Thought



 
I have been using this line for almost a month now. I feel this product did quite a good job. Even though the effect is not so wow, but with patience I see my face getting brighter, and I feel my face is getting hydrate better and so elastic every morning (after using the serum at night). AND the serum gives the best performance because the dark area around my nose is less visible compared with times when I had not used this product.

All in all, I give Garnier thumbs up for making a breakthrough by putting salicylic acid plus brightening agent in one product.

I have tried Garnier and  I like it. How about you?

[1] http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/03/salicylic-acid-skincare_n_5919712.html

No comments :

Post a Comment